Thursday, March 29, 2012

30 Day Clutter Buster Challenge


Spring is here!  The flowers are blooming, albeit a little early for some of them, and the trees are budding.  And some of us get hit with the spring cleaning bug!

I don't know about you but last week when we had all that wonderful sunshine I threw open the curtains (and a few windows) and let the sun shine in.  It was wonderful to see the house illuminated with natural light.  That is until I noticed that hidden in the dark corners of the rooms were plenty of dust and cobwebs missed during my regular weekly cleaning.  It's time for spring cleaning!

Mr. P.'s grandmother once told me about how they spring cleaned back in Holland when she was a girl.  Everything was emptied from a room.  The room was then scrubbed from top to bottom and everything was thoroughly cleaned before being brought back in.  Even the mattresses were taken outside to air out!  But spring cleaning should not be this daunting!  Many of today's women not only take care of the house and children but they also hold down one or more jobs to help make ends meet.  This type of spring cleaning is simply not an option anymore, thank goodness!

One of the ways to make spring cleaning, and everyday cleaning for that matter, much easier is if you can conquer the clutter.  You cannot organize clutter. 

So here's the challenge.  Each day for the month of April I am going to take a photo of something that I am going to declutter from my home and post it here.  I welcome you to join me.  Declutter one item a day for 30 days and you and your home will both feel lighter.  I'll be asking questions along the way and give you ideas on how to conquer the control that clutter has over you. 

I would also like to know what you are decluttering.  You can post it in the comments here or wherever I have posted the link to this blog.  I promise you that I will celebrate each of your accomplishments right along with you! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are starting on April 1. It is a new beginning; the first day of the month, and the first day (Sunday) of the week. That equals a fresh start! So, here we go. I reluctantly assume that you are not counting either children or pets as items to declutter. For the first item, I am decluttering my travel brochure to Loof Lirpa, a fabulous tropical island with king-sized whirlpool suites for $41.12 per night and accessed only by Propulsion Airlines. Since I've been there several times, I no longer need the brochure to provide the impetus of recalling my fond memories of the place I got my first lobotomy and complimentary electrical shock therapy treatments. Join me there for this Spring break, won't you? ~Joyce

    ReplyDelete