Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day Fifteen - Spring 30 Day Clutter Buster Challenge



Today is the half way mark in our 30 Day Clutter Buster Challenge!  Give yourselves a huge pat on the back because you have all been doing a wonderful job!

Today after you declutter something I want you to do something just for you to celebrate.  Curl up with your favourite book or magazine, watch a favourite movie, give yourself a manicure, or even take a piece of freshly baked banana bread to your daughter (this one's for my mom!).  You deserve it!

Today this is what I got rid of.



This is a coffee percolator.  It's the kind that has a basket on the top to hold the grounds and then sits on the stove to brew.  I think I bought it because it brought back memories of my beloved grandmother.  She had a glass one that she would brew coffee in on the back burner of the stove.  Whenever anyone visited Grandma she always offered a hot cup of coffee and a seat at the kitchen table to chat.

But I've discovered that I just can't brew coffee like Grandma could (not that I ever had any of Grandma's coffee but everyone else seemed to like it).  I went back to using a regular, electric percolator and this has sat in my cupboard for a long time.  It's time to let it go even though I smile and remember Grandma every time I see it. 

What did you declutter today?  And what are you doing today that is just for you?  Don't forget to reward yourself!

p.s.  I mentioned that my youngest P was in a cooking competition yesterday.  He won and now goes on to provincials!  I am one proud mama!

2 comments:

  1. I decluttered a bird cage today. Well, not in the strict sense. I removed it from the living area, cleaned it well, and put it away in a storage closet. It is no longer in the main living area but I do not want to give it away in the event we get another rescue bird in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been very hard for you Ana. I think that it is amazing that you and your family are able to give a wonderful home to birds in need.

      Delete