Monday, June 11, 2012

Organizing the Car



Yesterday, my friend Linda emailed me this photo.  Someone was ingenious enough to use a plastic cereal container as a garbage pail in their vehicle!  I absolutely love this and it gave me the idea to show you what Mr. P. and I did for our oldest P.

As I mentioned in my last blog post, my eldest P recently turned 21 years old.  A few months ago he bought himself his first vehicle.


It's much better than my first vehicle which I'm pretty sure looked more like this.



OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but not much!

Being the worrisome Mama that I am, I decided to get the eldest P some much needed accessories for his new ride.  I picked up a deluxe, road-side safety kit that includes a first kit, a cone, a shovel, a blanket, hand warmers, gloves, jumper cables and so much more.


It all fit into this neat carrying case that stores easily in the back of the vehicle.  But that wasn't enough for this uptight mother!  



I also picked up this back seat organizer and a few things to go in it.



There's some Kleenex, some sanitizer wipes, trail mix and emergency instructions should anything ever happen.  One sheet has all of his contact information should, heaven forbid, he not be able to communicate.  There is another sheet entitled, "What To Do If Caught In a Snowstorm" and one entitled, "What To Do If Stuck In The Snow".  There is a final sheet that has a maintenance log so that he can keep track of when he has the oil changed, tires rotated or any other repair that needs to be done.

Not the most exciting birthday gift ever but at least I know that he has the tools he needs to stay safe on the roads.

A special thanks to Linda for sending me the top photo.  I had not even thought about blogging about organizing the car until I saw that.  Now I have to run out and buy a couple of plastic cereal containers!

Is there anything that you keep in your car in case of an emergency?  Just remember to keep everything contained in one spot so that you do not have any UFOs (untethered flying objects) should you need to slam on the breaks.  Sometimes they can cause more damage than the accident itself.

2 comments:

  1. Very organized and well thought out. Does the info sheet include the contact numbers for OPP and Road Service? That's all I could think of to include. I have that in my glove box 'cause i know when I'm upset I can't remember my own phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know what you have on both of these lists so all your followers can also see...minus any personal info of course

    ReplyDelete