Friday, August 10, 2012
15 Ways To Stay More Organized In The Bathroom
Your bathroom may not be the biggest room in your home but it certainly is one of the more important ones. In addition to bathing and grooming, sometimes the bathroom is the only room in the house that you can go to for some peace and quiet.
I've come up with 15 ways to get your bathroom more organized that don't require expensive renovations. These are simple, in-expensive ideas that will help you make your bathroom feel more like a spa rather than the blender swirl of blow dryers, wet towels, mascara wands and roll-on deodorant that they are.
1. Place a loose elastic or ribbon around each of 4 rolls of toilet paper and place them behind all the other rolls in your bathroom. You'll be reminded to buy more when you come to one with some extra embellishment (because we all know you, like me, are the only one that actually changes the roll in your home).
2. Place a clock in each bathroom. This will help keep everyone on time when getting ready in the morning.
3. Put extra trash bags at the bottom of the waste basket to save you a trip to the cupboard to retrieve more when changing the trash.
4. Toss any old makeup, sunscreen or any other lotions that are just taking up room in your cupboards.
5. Stock your medicine kit with cold and flu remedies to save you a trip to the pharmacy when you are feeling sick.
6. Store hair elastics on a shower curtain ring or a carabiner.
8. Place a tall, narrow basket next to the toilet for magazines.
9. Attach a wire basket to the side of your vanity to hold your hair tools.
10. Use a hanging fruit basket on the shower curtain rod to store kids bath toys.
11. Place a second shower curtain rod along the wall at the back of the shower to hang shower poufs, back scrubbers and kids bath toys.
12. Use a wall-mounted wine rack to store rolled up towels to give you more room in the linen closet.
13. Cut down a plastic, over-the-door shoe organizer and hang it on the inside of the vanity door to hold makeup and other lotions.
14. Place a decorative shelf above the bathroom door for more storage.
15. Use decorative shelving brackets as dividers in the linen closet to keep towels in their place.
What do you do to keep your bathroom more organized?