Friday, March 1, 2013

31 Day Organizational Challenge

This month I have decided to do the 31 Day Organizational Challenge over at Organizing Junkie.



I have one room in my home that is so unorganized that it's embarrassing!  The rest of the house is actually pretty neat and organized but this room has been a dumping ground for years.  Each winter I say that I am going to get that room organized and each winter something else much more fun and exciting comes up (like getting a pap smear).  Yes, this room is that bad!

Okay, here goes........the room that I am going to have organized by the end of March is..........

My furnace room.


But wait, there's more!  This is to the right as you walk in the door.  It's all my Christmas decorations piled up to at least waist level.




And that's not all!  On the left of the door are bicycles, coats, wagons and chairs.





I certainly have my job cut out for me!

Now I am going to share with you my excuse for letting it get this bad; there are bats in this room.  Oh, and I am terrified of them!  They seem to get in through the attic and make their way down the walls and out into this room.  I have had one fly out of the corners while in there more than once and I have found more than my fair share of dead ones that got trapped in a box.  I leave those for Mr. P to take care of!

My plan is to sneak in there everyday and take items out to be sorted in the adjoining laundry room; much less stressful this way.  And maybe I'll get lucky and find the exact spot that those little suckers are getting through!  Although, I'm not holding out hope since we've been over every inch of that room, filling every crack and crevice that we find with spray foam or insulation and they are still getting in.

I'll leave you with a few close up photos of some of the junk that I am going to have to deal with this month.  And be sure to check out Organizing Junkie to see what others are doing to get their lives more organized!








3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Bats! {shivers} Good luck to you. . . you can do it. Do you have a big furry protector that can go in there with you incase another bat flies out while you're working. :o)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Lisa, I do! My big, furry protector is my husband!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! A little at a time I know that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete