Friday, December 14, 2012

12 Ways to Organize Wrapping Paper


Not sure how to store all your wrapping paper throughout the year?  Some of you may remember the picture above from when I shared the before and after photos of my rec room closet.  Mr. P installed a track that was picked up from the local hardware store and the baskets are for an over-the-door pantry organizer.  Holding the wrapping paper in place at the top are two paper towel holders from the same pantry organizer.



I keep two plastic containers in the bottom basket that holds all my cards and accessories such as tape, scissors, tissue paper, gift tags, pens, and elastic bands (to wrap over the rolls of paper to hold them in place).  When I need to wrap a gift everything that I need is right at hand.


I even have the ribbon on a bar above the paper and a large gift bag filled with all the other gift bags.

Admittedly it was quite a bit of work and may not work for every situation so, with the help of Pinterest, I have assembled a few more ideas for storing wrapping paper.  Check them out.

Try storing gift wrap in a laundry hamper.  The hooks on the outside help keep items neat and organized.


If you are in the US, Elfa makes a great over-the-door gift wrap station.


Try using plastic bag holders from Ikea.  The bonus is that they are extremely cheap!



Use Ikea wall storage rails and accessories.


Use tension rods for the paper and boxes with holes cut out to dispense ribbon.


Get the wrapping paper completely out of the way by suspending it up high in a closet.


Here's a unique idea.  Turn an old stool upside down.  Add wheels and some tool belts and you have a portable wrapping station.


For another unique look, store wrapping paper in an antique crate.


Even a waste paper basket makes a good storage place.


Here's a charming wrapping station.  I love the waste paper basket!  Dowels hold the wrapping paper and ribbons here.


I used a garment bag for years to hold all my gift wrap.  I also hung a small gift bag over the hanger to hold all my accessories.


Since most of us are in the middle of wrapping gifts let's try to keep everything together so that next year when it comes time to wrap all those fabulous presents that you bought you won't have to search the house for a pair of scissors or realize too late that you are out of tape.

How do you store your wrapping paper?

1 comment:

  1. I keep my cards in my file drawers, divided into events. The wrapping paper is a challenge but I have a tall box that serves to keep them fairly straight. The ribbon is what drives me nuts! Thanks for all the hints. Love your blog and I keep tagging it on Stumbledupon

    ReplyDelete